Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
Cone-beam Computed Tomography ( aka – CB Scan, CBCT Scan) is the state of the art and should be preferred to medical CT Scans and multi-slice dental CT scans.
- It provides better resolution than medical CT Scans.
- The patients are exposed to less radiation.
- With proper planning software you can determine ridge width, ridge shape, ridge height, bone density, location of anatomical structures ( nerve, sinus, etc.).
- The information from the scan can be used to make a computer generated surgical guide (i.e.-“Computer Guided Implant Surgery)
- With the Invivo 5.1 Planning software patients can clearly see and understand the surgical treatment plan!
- Having an on-site CBCT device significantly improves one’s creativity in making radiographic templates and surgical guides. It upgrades your diagnostic capability. “If you have it, it will be used!”
You can click on the images below to enlarge them.